Elder abuse is a distressing and prevalent issue that affects the well-being and dignity of our elderly population. Elder abuse refers to any intentional act or neglect that causes harm or distress to an older adult, often occurring within relationships of trust. There are several types of elder abuse that someone can experience. The types include physical abuse, emotional or psychological abuse, financial exploitation, neglect, and sexual abuse.
At TrustBuilders Law Group, we are committed to providing victims of elder abuse with the legal representation they need to protect their rights. We understand that elder abuse can take many forms, including physical, emotional, financial, and neglect. We are here to help you seek justice and get the compensation you deserve.
Signs and Indicators of Elder Abuse
- Physical Abuse: Unexplained injuries, bruises, fractures, or restraining marks.
- Emotional Abuse: Unexplained changes in behavior, withdrawal, depression, anxiety, or fearfulness.
- Financial Exploitation: Sudden changes in financial status, unexplained bank withdrawals, forged signatures, or changes in wills or power of attorney.
- Neglect: Poor personal hygiene, malnutrition, dehydration, untreated medical conditions, or unsafe living conditions.
- Sexual Abuse: Unexplained sexually transmitted infections, bruises or injuries in genital areas, or signs of distress or fear around certain individuals.
Risks Factors & Vulnerability
- Social Isolation: Lack of social connections can increase the risk of elder abuse.
- Physical or Mental Health Issues: Elders with physical disabilities or cognitive impairments may be more vulnerable.
- Dependence on Caregivers: Reliance on others for daily activities can create power imbalances and increase the risk of abuse.
- Family Dynamics: Strained relationships, conflicts, or caregiver stress can contribute to abusive situations.
Preventing & Addressing Elder Abuse
- Awareness and Education: Spreading awareness about elder abuse and its different forms to recognize and report signs of abuse.
- Support Networks: Encouraging social connections for seniors to reduce isolation and provide opportunities for intervention.
- Training and Resources: Equipping professionals, caregivers, and community members with knowledge and tools to identify, prevent, and respond to elder abuse.
- Reporting and Intervention: Promptly reporting suspected cases of elder abuse to the appropriate authorities, such as Adult Protective Services or law enforcement.
Why Choose Our Elder Abuse Lawyers
We understand that elder abuse is a complex issue and it can be difficult to know where to turn for help. That’s why we are here to provide you with compassionate and experienced legal representation. Our attorneys are dedicated to helping victims of elder abuse and their families receive the justice they deserve.
We understand that the legal process can be overwhelming and intimidating. That’s why we are here to provide you with the guidance and support you need. We will work closely with you to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact our Elder Abuse Attorneys
If you or someone you know has been a victim of elder abuse, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to help you seek justice and get the compensation you deserve.
A Family Name That You Can Trust
The Buxton Family has been serving greater Hampton Roads in law or medicine for over 100 years. We are a 5th generation family committed to supporting the local community. Let our family legacy help build your family legacy.
A Price You Can Afford
TrustBuilders Law Group takes pride in offering modern estate planning at affordable prices. Our plans are prepared at a competitive, value-based flat-fee so you will never have to worry about hourly rates surprise bills.
A Staff With Experience and Credentials
TrustBuilders Law Group has one of the most experienced legal teams in the area. In addition to over 100 years of combined experience, we are the only firm in Hampton Roads with both a Master of Laws in estate planning and Certified Elder Law Attorney on staff.
A Plan With Your Goals in Mind
TrustBuilders Law Group specializes in creating custom estate plans that focus on your wealth preservations goals. Unlike many boilerplates seen in the marketplace, our documents are state specific, tailored to your needs and contain cutting-edge solutions.